A system architecture is the conceptual model that defines the structure, behavior, and more views of a system. An architecture description is a formal description and representation of a system, organized in a way that supports reasoning about the structures and behaviors of the system. Raven Wireless Design has many years of system architecture and design experience whereby we utilize the software programs indicated below and, in many instances, augmented by our own in house developed algorithms.
- Wireless Communications
- Multifunction Devices
The detailed design of a system requires a thorough understanding of the system requirements and the ability to test and evaluate each step of the design process. In many instances such tests and evaluation require using complex equipment. Most, if not all, is available in house to address client needs. Several examples are shown in the Projects tab.
System Simulation: Raven has performed and has the in-house capability to conduct system analysis on complex Radar and communications systems.
- Visual Systems Simulator (VSS) is used for RF analysis as it allows simulation of waveforms through RF components/systems. It essentially is a bridge between hard-core RF tools and hard-core digital signal processing tools.
- Mathcad is used to document calculations.
- Excel is used for simple analysis.
Circuit Simulation: Raven utilizes mathematical models to replicate the behavior of an actual electronic device or circuit.
- Microwave Office (MWO) for simulation at RF frequencies.
- Spice (Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis) used for low frequency simulation.
RF PCB Design: Raven Wireless designs in house their own PCB’s utilizing the following:
- Sonnet is the premier tool for planar-3d Electromagnetic (EM) analysis. It is ideal for all manner of PCB simulation since the results are faster than full 3d and just as accurate for structures that are primarily planar.
- Orcad is utilized for schematic capture.
RF test and validation: Raven Wireless has a wide range of test equipment to cover RF, digital, and power supply testing needs.
Raven Wireless Design has been instrumental in writing or supporting winning proposals for the following agencies: US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corp, US SOCOM, NASA, DARPA. Successful technical proposal writing on behalf of clients is one of our many skill sets.